- How long has the firm been in business?
- Is it an independent company or franchise?
- How many locations to you have?
- What is the background of the qualifying broker and management team?
- How many agents do you currently have?
- What's your retention rate?
- How many listings does the office currently have?
- How many listings did you have last year?
- What's you close ratio?
- Do you offer ongoing training? If so, is there a cost for it?
- Is there a structured new agent training program?
- May I see a sample training schedule?
- Do you reimburse for outside training?
- Who provides the training and what is their background?
- Is there a mentoring or shadowing program?
- Do you have a new agent orientation program?
- Are there opportunities for licensing credits?
Income and Expenses:
- What compensation plans do you offer?
- What expenses should I expect to incur monthly? Annually?
- What is the average income for agents in this office?
- Do you offer bonuses?
- How are referral fees handled?
- What type of auto insurance should I have?
- What's the procedure for getting paid for closings?
- Are there annual, monthly or other ongoing fees?
- How are my own real estate transactions handled?
- To which multiple listing service(s) does the company belong?
- Where does the company advertise? Publications? Websites?
- May I see samples of your advertising/marketing efforts?
- Can I create/use my own logo?
- Do you have established advertising/marketing guidelines?
- Are templates available for print material?
- Are leads provided? If so, on what basis?
- What are your expectations of your agents?
- Is phone time or duty agent opportunities available? When would I be eligible to start?
- Do you send out announcement cards and press releases for new agents?
- Can I host open houses for office listings of other agents?
- Do you help new agents with business planning?
- Do you provide business cards and other start-up materials for new agents?
- Are agents allowed to brand themselves?
- Is your office team-based or do agents work independently?
- Is there a policies and procedures manual?
- What staff is available in the office?
- Is there an office manager? What is their background?
- What are the office manager's primary responsibilities?
- Are there regular sales meetings?
- What is the office culture?
- Do your agents do property tours together?
- How are Errors and Omissions insurance claims handled?
- What happens to my listings if I decide to change brokers?
- Are computers and printers available in the office for use by agents?
- What other office equipment is available? Are there additional fees?
- What software/systems are available to help me manage my business?
- Do you provide websites for agents?
- Do you provide voice mail? Email? Direct phone numbers?
- Are sample listing/buyer presentations available?
- Is office/work space available for agents?
- Are conference rooms available for meeting clients?
- Is there a dedicated training room?
- Are there any satellite offices around the city?
- Is 24-hour access available to the office(s)?